LILA LABS, INC.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Last updated on October 1st, 2020
Welcome to LILA, operated by Lila Labs, Inc. (the “Company”or “LILA”).
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SECTION 22 OF THIS AGREEMENT, BELOW, CONTAINS PROVISIONS GOVERNING HOW CLAIMS THAT YOU AND WE HAVE AGAINST EACH OTHER ARE RESOLVED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS THAT AROSE OR WERE ASSERTED PRIOR TO THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS AGREEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, IT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, REQUIRE DISPUTES BETWEEN US TO BE SUBMITTED TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT: (1) YOU WILL Commented : CHANGE DATE ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AND SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING; AND (2) YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO SEEK RELIEF IN A COURT OF LAW AND TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON YOUR CLAIMS.
ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED BY AND UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, CONSISTENT WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY PRINCIPLES THAT PROVIDE FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION. THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED FROM THIS AGREEMENT.
1. Acceptance of Agreement.
a. This Agreement is a binding contract that establishes the legally binding terms you must accept to use the Service. This Agreement includes our Safety Guidelines, and any supplemental terms disclosed to you prior to any purchase or additional features, products or services we offer on the Service, including but not limited to terms governing features and promotions(“Supplemental Terms”).
b. To withdraw your consent to this Agreement, you must cease using the Service and terminate your account; provided that, such termination shall not have any effect on the enforceability or binding nature of this Agreement during the term of your use of the Service. Please print a copy of this Agreement for your records. To receive a copy of this Agreement, please contact us at email@example.com. This Agreement may be modified by the Company at any time, such modifications to be effective upon posting by the Company in the Service. The Company shall not have any obligation to notify you of such updates other than upon posting such updated terms in the Service (and updating the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Agreement); provided, however, if we make material changes and you have registered with us to create an account, we will also send an e-mail to you at the last e-mail address you provided pursuant to this Agreement. Acceptance of the terms of this Agreement shall be deemed as acceptance of any future updates to its terms.
2. Eligibility. The Service is not intended for users under the age of 18.
No part of the dating related Service is directed to persons under the age of 18. You must be at least 18 years of age to access and use the dating aspects of the Service. Any use of the Service is void where prohibited. If you create an account, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. We have the right in our sole discretion to suspend or terminate your account if you are in breach of the foregoing. While the Service may be accessed from countries around the world, using the Service may be prohibited or restricted in certain countries. The Service is controlled and offered by LILA from its facilities in the United States of America. We make no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use the Service from outside of the United States, you are doing so at your own volition and are responsible for complying with the laws and regulations of the territory from which you access or use the Service.
In registering an account on the Service, you agree to (1) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or LILA has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, LILA has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof). You agree not to create an account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself. You agree that you shall not have more than one account per platform at any given time. Company reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to, claims by a third party that a username violates the third party’s rights. You agree not to create an account or use the Service if you have been previously removed by Company, or if you have been previously banned from any part of the Service.
4. Content. For purposes of this Agreement, “Content” means text, text messages, chat, graphics, images, photographs, gifs, logos, software, computer code, music, software, audio, video (including streaming videos), links, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Service and includes Content that account holders (including you) provide to be made available through the Service.
5. Term and Termination. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Service and/or have a LILA account. You may disable your account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions in “Settings” in the Service. The Company may terminate or suspend your account at any time without notice if the Company believes that you have breached this Agreement, or for any other reason, with or without cause, in its sole discretion. Upon such termination or suspension, you will not be entitled to any refund of unused fees you paid in connection with the Service. The Company is not required to disclose, and may be prohibited by law from disclosing, the reason for the termination or suspension of your account. After your account is terminated for any reason, all terms of this Agreement survive such termination, and continue in full force and effect, except for any terms that by their nature expire or are fully satisfied.
6. Non-commercial Use by Users. The Service is for personal use only. Users may not use the Service or any Content contained in the Service in connection with any commercial endeavors, such as (i) advertising or soliciting any user to buy or sell any products or services not offered by the Company or (ii) soliciting others to attend parties or other social functions, or networking, for commercial purposes. Users of the Service may not use any information obtained from the Service to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any other user without his or her prior explicit consent. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not use the Service or the Service for any purpose except with LILA’s express consent (such as for promoted profiles or other advertisements), which LILA may provide or deny in its sole discretion. The Company may investigate and take any available legal action in response to illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Service, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Service.
7. Account Security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password you designate during the registration process, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any disclosure or unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security at firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that you log out from your account at the end of each session.
8. Your Interactions with Other Users.
a. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE COMPANY CURRENTLY DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS OR SCREENINGS ON ITS USERS. THE COMPANY ALSO DOES NOT INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ALL OF ITS USERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS USERS. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS. THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES), AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS.
b. The Company is not responsible for the conduct of any user of the Service. As noted in and without limiting the terms of this Agreement, in no event shall the Company, its affiliates, shareholders, or its partners be liable (directly or indirectly) for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Service including, without limitation, death, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications, identity theft, or meetings with other users or persons you meet through the Service. You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Service or meet in person, or if you decide to send money to another user. In addition, you agree to review and follow the Company's Safety Guidelines, located below, prior to using the Service. You understand that the Company makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through the Service. You should not provide your personal or financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or wire or otherwise send money, to other users.
9. Proprietary Rights. The Company owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Service, and in all content, trademarks, trade names, service marks and other intellectual property rights related thereto. The Service contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of the Company and its licensors. You agree to not copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property or proprietary information accessible through the Commented : Note to Lila: We would recommend linking to the guidelines so it brings users to the safety guidelines below. Service, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the Company, which consent the Company may grant or deny at its sole discretion or, if such property is not owned by the Company, the owner of such intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to not remove, obscure or otherwise alter any proprietary notices appearing on any content, including copyright, trademark and other intellectual property notices.
10. Content Posted by You in the Service.
a. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post, upload, publish, link to, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available (hereinafter, “post”) on the Service or transmit to other users. You may not post as part of the Service, or transmit to the Company or any other user (either on or off the Service), any offensive, inaccurate, incomplete, abusive, obscene, profane, threatening, intimidating, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another person’s rights (including intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). You represent and warrant that (i) all information that you submit upon creation of your account, including information submitted from your Facebook account, is accurate and truthful and that you will promptly update any information provided by you that subsequently becomes inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or false and (ii) you have the right to post the Content on the Service and grant the licenses set forth below.
b. You understand and agree that the Company may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any Content you post as part of a Service. The Company may, in its sole discretion and without any prior notice, remove any Content, in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of the Company violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of the Service or the Company.
c. By posting Content as part of the Service, you hereby grant to the Company, its affiliates, assignees, licensees and successors, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, fully paid-up, worldwide right and license to (i) use, copy, store, perform, display, reproduce, record, play, adapt, modify and distribute the Content, (ii) prepare derivative works of the Content or incorporate the Content into other works, and (iii) grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing in any media now known or hereafter created. You represent and warrant that any posting and use of your Content by the Company will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
d. In addition to the types of Content described in Section 10(a) above, the following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is prohibited in the Service. You may not post, upload, display or otherwise make available Content that:
· that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
· contains nudity, pornography, or would otherwise be considered sexually explicit or indecent content;
· advocates harassment or intimidation of another person or group;
· requests money or services from, or is intended to otherwise defraud, other users of the Service;
· involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming” (or “spimming”, “phishing”, “trolling” or similar activities);
· promotes information that is false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is defamatory, libelous or otherwise objectionable;
· promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated images, audio or video, or links to pirated images, audio or video files;
· contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian);
· contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
· provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other illegal manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
· provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or drugs, violating someone’s privacy, or providing, disseminating or creating computer viruses; · contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
· impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity; · provides information or data you do not have a right to make available under law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information);
· disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to “scroll” faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
· solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminates another person’s personal information without his or her permission; and
· publicizes or promotes commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
· The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to investigate and take any legal action against anyone who violates this provision, including removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating or suspending the account of such violators.
e. Your use of the Service, including all Content you post through the Service, must comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You agree that the Company may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary, such as to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce this Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service or allow you to use the Service in the future; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
f. You agree that any Content you place on the Service may be viewed by other users and may be viewed by any person visiting or participating in the Service. You may block and / or report other users for objectionable content at any time in the app. LILA will as promptly as possible address any objectionable content reports by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content.
11. Prohibited Activities. The Company reserves the right to investigate, suspend and/or terminate your account if you have misused the Service or behaved in a way the Company regards as inappropriate or unlawful, including actions or communications the occur off the Service but involve users you meet through the Service. You may block and / or report other users for objectionable content at any time in the app. LILA will as promptly as possible address objectionable content reports by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content. The following is a partial list of the type of actions that you may not engage in with respect to the Service. You will not:
· impersonate any person or entity.
· solicit money or services from any users.
· post any Content that is prohibited by Section 10.
· “stalk” or otherwise harass any person.
· express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by the Company without our specific prior written consent.
· use the Service in an illegal manner or to commit an illegal act;
· access the Service in a jurisdiction in which it is illegal or unauthorized;
· ask or use users to conceal the identity, source, or destination of any illegally gained money or products.
· use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents.
· collect usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Service.
· interfere with or disrupt the Service or the servers or networks connected to the Service.
· email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
· forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through the Service (either directly or indirectly through use of third party software).
· “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Service, without the Company's prior written authorization.
· use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to the Company or the Service (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of the Company) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
· modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Service any software used on or for the Service, or cause others to do so.
· post, use, transmit or distribute, directly or indirectly, (e.g. screen scrape) in any manner or media any content or information obtained from the Service other than solely in connection with your use of the Service in accordance with this Agreement.
12. Customer Service. The Company provides assistance and guidance through its customer care representatives. When communicating with our customer care representatives, you agree to not be abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexist, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or otherwise behave inappropriately. If we feel that your behavior towards any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account.
13. Interactions with Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
b. Accessing and Download the Application from iTunes. The following applies to any mobile application accessed through or downloaded from the Apple App Store (“App Store Sourced Application”):
(i) You acknowledge and agree that (i) the Agreement is concluded between you and Company only, and not Apple, and (ii) Company, not Apple, is solely responsible for the App Store Sourced Application and content thereof. Your use of the application must comply with the Apple App Store Terms of Service.
(ii) You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
(iii) In the event of any failure of the App Store Sourced Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the App Store Sourced Application to you and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application. As between Company and Apple, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Company.
(iv) You and Company acknowledge that, as between Company and Apple, Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
(v) You and Company acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of that App Store Sourced Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, as between Company and Apple, Company, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by the Agreement.
(vi) You and Company acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of the Agreement as related to your license of the App Store Sourced Application, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Agreement as related to your license of the App Store Sourced Application against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
(vii) Without limiting any other terms of the Agreement, you must comply with all applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the App Store Sourced Application.
14. Fees and Purchase Terms
a. Generally. From time to time, LILA may offer additional products and services for purchase (“in app purchases”) through the Software Stores. If you choose to make an in app purchase, you will be prompted to enter details for your account with the mobile platform you are using (e.g., Apple, Android, etc.) (“your IAP Account”), and your IAP Account will be charged for the in app purchase in accordance with the terms disclosed to you at the time of purchase as well as the general terms for in app purchases that apply to your IAP Account. In app purchases may include a free trial period. At the end of the free trial period, you will be charged the price of the subscription and will continue to be charged until you cancel your subscription. To avoid any charges, you must cancel before the end of the trial period.
b. Automatic Renewals. If you purchase an auto-recurring periodic subscription to the Service or through an in app purchase, your subscription will continue indefinitely until terminated in accordance with this Agreement. After your initial subscription period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically commence on the first day following the end of such period (each a “Renewal Commencement Date”) and continue for an additional equivalent period, at Company’s then-current price for such subscription. You agree that your IAP Account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature unless you cancel your subscription at least (a) thirty (30) days prior to the Renewal Commencement Date by cancelling such subscription through your IAP Account in accordance with the terms of such IAP Account. If you cancel your subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. However, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period. By subscribing, you authorize your IAP Account to be charged now, and again at the beginning of any subsequent subscription period. Upon renewal of your subscription, if Company does not receive payment from your IAP Account, we may suspend or terminate your account.
15. Modifications to Service. The Company reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. To protect the integrity of the Service, the Company reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block users from certain IP addresses from accessing the Service, with or without notice.
16. Copyright Policy; Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent and the Company with the following information:
· an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
· a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
· a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service (and such description must be reasonably sufficient to enable the Company to find the alleged infringing material, such as a url);
· your address, telephone number and email address;
· a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
· a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be provided to the Company’s Copyright Agent at email@example.com. The Company will terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
a. You acknowledge and agree that neither the Company nor its affiliates and third party partners are responsible for and shall not have any liability, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, as a result of or alleged to be the result of (i) any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted in the Service, whether caused by users or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service; (ii) the timeliness, deletion or removal, incorrect delivery or failure to store any Content, communications or personalization settings; (iii) the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user; (iv) any error, omission or defect in, interruption, deletion, alteration, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction of, or unauthorized access to, any user or user communications; or (v) any problems, failure or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users or to any other person’s computer or device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Internet and/or in connection with the Service. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY PROVIDES THE SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, SECURE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED.
b. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, COMPUTER SYSTEM, INTERNET ACCESS, DOWNLOAD OR DISPLAY DEVICE, OR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA THAT RESULTS OR MAY RESULT FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO DOWNLOAD OR OBTAIN ANY MATERIAL THROUGH THE SERVICE.
c. From time to time, the Company may make third party opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other third party information or content available through the Service. All third party content is the responsibility of the respective authors thereof and should not necessarily be relied upon and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or beliefs of the Company. Such third party authors are solely responsible for such content. THE COMPANY DOES NOT: (I) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR (II) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY THAT APPEARS IN THE SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED IN THE SERVICE, OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY USERS.
d. IN ADDITION TO THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH AND OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, ANY ADVICE THAT MAY BE POSTED IN THE SERVICE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE OR SUBSTITUTE FOR ANY PROFESSIONAL FINANCIAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL, OR OTHER ADVICE. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY CONCERNING ANY TREATMENT, ACTION BY, OR EFFECT ON ANY PERSON FOLLOWING THE INFORMATION OFFERED OR PROVIDED WITHIN OR THROUGH THE SERVICE. IF YOU HAVE SPECIFIC CONCERNS OR A SITUATION ARISES IN WHICH YOU REQUIRE PROFESSIONAL OR MEDICAL ADVICE, YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH AN APPROPRIATELY TRAINED AND QUALIFIED SPECIALIST.
18. Links. The Service may contain, and the Service or third parties may provide, advertisements and promotions offered by third parties and links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, information, statements, advertising, goods or services, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, third parties found in or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any such content, information, statements, advertising, goods or services or other materials available on or through any such website or resource.
19. Geolocation and Other Data. LILA may collect and pass to third parties precise geolocation and other information linked to your mobile device or advertising identifiers and may do so when you use the LILA Service or when the app runs in the background on your device. This information may be used by third parties to customize ads in the LILA app or in other apps: for instance, if your device is often located at or near events venues, you might receive offers for events tickets (even when you are not at an event venue). The information also may be used for market or other research regarding aggregated traffic patterns: for instance, a company that analyzes shopping trends might use the information to learn whether more or fewer devices are seen near malls or in other shopping districts. If you do not want this information to be linked to your device, then you may go to your device “settings” (which are somewhat different for iOS and Android devices) and opt out of interest-based or personalized advertising. You may also prevent location from being collected by LILA or other apps through your device settings (but this may affect the functionality of certain app features).
20. Limitation on Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, BUSINESS PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, RELIANCE, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, DAMAGES FOR LOSS, CORRUPTION OR BREACHES OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS AND PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE COMPANY'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THE COMPANY FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE SIX (6) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY STATUTE, LAW, OR EQUITABLE REMEDY TO THE CONTRARY, ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR BE FOREVER BARRED.
21. Indemnity by You. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its shareholders, and its affiliates, and its and their officers, agents, partners and employees (collectively, the “Company Parties”), harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of or failure to comply with this Agreement (including any breach of your representations and warranties contained herein), any postings or Content you post or otherwise make available in the Service, your violation of the rights of other parties, and the violation of any law or regulation by you. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with the Company in connection therewith.
22. Arbitration Agreement. Please read the following arbitration agreement in this Section (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It requires you to arbitrate disputes with Company and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
a. Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. You agree that any dispute or claim relating in any way to your access or use of the Service, to any products sold or distributed through the Service, or to any aspect of your relationship with Company, will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (1) you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify, so long as the matter remains in such court and advances only on an individual (non-class, non-representative) basis; and (2) you or Company may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights, and patents).
This Arbitration Agreement shall apply, without limitation, to all claims that arose or were asserted before the effective date of this Agreement or any prior version of this Agreement.
IF YOU AGREE TO ARBITRATION WITH COMPANY, YOU ARE AGREEING IN ADVANCE THAT YOU WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN OR SEEK TO RECOVER MONETARY OR OTHER RELIEF IN ANY LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST COMPANY ALLEGING CLASS, COLLECTIVE, AND/OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIMS ON YOUR BEHALF. INSTEAD, BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU MAY BRING YOUR CLAIMS AGAINST THE COMPANY IN AN INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. IF SUCCESSFUL ON SUCH CLAIMS, YOU COULD BE AWARDED MONEY OR OTHER RELIEF BY AN ARBITRATOR. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU MAY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN DECIDING WHETHER TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
b. Arbitration Rules and Forum. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered agent Gust Delaware Inc., 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, Delaware 19958. The arbitration will be conducted by JAMS, an established alternative dispute resolution provider. Disputes involving claims and counterclaims under $250,000, not inclusive of attorneys’ fees and interest, shall be subject to JAMS’s most current version of the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and procedures available at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/; all other claims shall be Commented : Note to Lila: This is your registered agent information with the Delaware Department of State. If you would like to use a different address for notices, we can change this. subject to JAMS’s most current version of the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures, available at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-comprehensive-arbitration/. JAMS’s rules are also available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling JAMS at 800-352-5267. If JAMS is not available to arbitrate, the parties will select an alternative arbitral forum. If the arbitrator finds that you cannot afford to pay JAMS’s filing, administrative, hearing and/or other fees and cannot obtain a waiver from JAMS, Company will pay them for you. In addition, Company will reimburse all such JAMS’s filing, administrative, hearing and/or other fees for claims totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, Company will not seek attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous.
You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the country where you live or at another mutually agreed location. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
c. Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency shall have exclusive authority to (a) determine the scope and enforceability of this Arbitration Agreement and (b) resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Arbitration Agreement including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitration will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and Company. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and the Agreement (including the Arbitration Agreement). The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
d. Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND COMPANY HEREBY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY. You and Company are instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as specified in Section 22(a) above. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow this Agreement as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
e. Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, (a) representative action for public injunctive relief may be arbitrated on a class basis and (b) in the event that the foregoing sentence is deemed invalid or unenforceable with respect to a particular class or dispute for recovery of damages, neither you nor we are entitled to arbitration and instead claims and disputes shall be resolved in a court as set forth in Section 24(d).
f. 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to the following address: Lila Labs, Inc., 600 N Broad Street, Suite 5-802 Middletown, DE 19709, or firstname.lastname@example.org, within 30 days after first becoming subject to this Arbitration Agreement. Your notice must include your name and address, your Company username (if any), the email address you used to set up your Company account (if you have one), and an unequivocal statement that you want to opt out of this Arbitration Agreement. If you opt out of this Arbitration Agreement, all other parts of this Agreement will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Arbitration Agreement has no effect on any other arbitration agreements that you may currently have, or may enter in the future, with us.
g. Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
h. Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Company.
i. Modification. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if Company makes any future material change to this Arbitration Agreement, it will not apply to any individual claim(s) that you had already provided notice of to Company.
23. Notice. The Company may, but is not obligated to, provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to this Agreement, using any reasonable means now known or hereafter developed, including by email, regular mail, SMS, MMS, text message or postings in the Service. Where Company requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing Company with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to Company is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/ permitted by the Agreement, Company’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights. Except as otherwise set forth herein, you may give notice to Company at email@example.com. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by Company by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
24. General Provisions.
a. Release. You hereby release Company Parties and their successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from your use of the Service, including but not limited to, any interactions with or conduct of other users or third-party websites of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Agreement or your use of the Service. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor. The foregoing release does not apply to any claims, demands, or any losses, damages, rights and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death or property damage for any unconscionable commercial practice by a Company Party or for such party’s fraud, deception, false, promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the Service.
b. Assignment. The Agreement, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated or otherwise transferred by you without Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
c. Force Majeure. Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials, epidemics, pandemics, quarantine, or disruptions in supply chain.
d. Exclusive Venue. To the extent the parties are permitted under this Agreement to initiate litigation in a court, both you and Company agree that all claims and disputes arising out of or relating to the Agreement will be litigated exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California.
e. Governing Law. THE AGREEMENT AND ANY ACTION RELATED THERETO WILL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED BY AND UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, CONSISTENT WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY PRINCIPLES THAT PROVIDE FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW OF ANOTHER JURISDICTION. THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS DOES NOT APPLY TO THESE TERMS.
f. Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of the Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
g. Severability. If any portion of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intention of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
h. Export Control. You may not use, export, import, or transfer any part of the Service except as authorized by U.S. law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained the Service, and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, Service, or any part thereof, may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any United States embargoed countries, or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use Service for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by Company are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer Company products, services or technology, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
25. Entire Agreement; Other. This Agreement, and the Safety Guidelines, and Supplemental Terms, constitute the entire agreement between you and the Company regarding the use of the Service.
26. Feedback. We welcome feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvement to the Service. You can submit feedback by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise to exploit the feedback for any purpose.
LILA LABS, INC.
Last updated on October 1st, 2020
LILA LABS, INC. STRONGLY URGES YOU TO USE EXTREME CAUTION BEFORE SHARING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER USERS OR BEFORE ANY PERSONAL MEETING WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICE. LILA LABS, INC. DOES NOT CONDUCT ANY BACKGROUND CHECKS OR SCREENINGS OF ITS USERS. YOU AGREE THAT LILA SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USER OF THE SERVICE AND IS NOT LIABLE, IN ANY MANNER, FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO YOUR CONDUCT OR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USER.
The safety of our users is very important to us. There are steps that everyone can follow to ensure their safety while using LILA. Please take a few minutes to read these tips.
Keep your financial information private
Ignore any request to send money or provide (or receive) services – even if the person claims to be in an emergency – and report it to us immediately. Never give out financial or personal information such as your social security number, credit card number, or bank information.
Keep your personal information
You are in control of your LILA experience at all times – remain anonymous until you feel ready. Be careful about sharing personal information, such as your full name, phone number, email and address. Protect your identity until you are comfortable enough with someone to share it. Also, leave any personal contact information out of your LILA profile. Note: LILA will never send you an email asking for your username and password information. Any such communication should be reported immediately.
Spam/Scammers - There are red flags to watch out for that may indicate you're dealing with a scammer. Be aware of anyone who:
● Sends you messages containing links to third-party websites
● Quickly asks to talk or chat outside of LILA
● Asks you for money, services, or payment for services
● Vanishes mysteriously then reappears under a different name
● Asks for your address under the guise of sending flowers or gifts You can also check the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's advice on avoiding online scams available on their website.
Report suspicious users - Please report anyone who violates our Terms and Conditions of Use. Examples of our Terms and Conditions of Use violations include:
● Asking you for money, services, or payment for services
● Anyone that looks like they could be under the age of 13 or 18 for dating related Services
● Users sending harassing or offensive messages
● Users behaving inappropriately after meeting in person
● Fraudulent profiles
● Spam or solicitation, such as attempts to sell products or services
Meeting in Person
First meetings are exciting, but always take precautions and follow these guidelines to help you stay safe:
Get to know the other person before meeting them offline
Get to know someone through chat before disclosing personal information or meeting in person. We don't conduct criminal background checks on our users, so it’s up to you to do your own research and remain cautious.
Always meet in public
Meet for the first time in a populated, public place – never in a private or remote location, and never at your home or apartment.
Tell a friend - Inform a friend or family member of your plans.
Tell them who you are meeting, where you are going and when you will return. Bring your phone with you.
Drive yourself to and from the first meeting
Be in control of your own ride – even if you take a taxi. Securing your own ride is important. Even if the person you're meeting volunteers to pick you up, do not get into a vehicle with someone you don’t know and trust, especially if it’s the first meeting. Following these guidelines will help keep you safe and enjoyable.